If your attic is poorly insulated – or is not insulated at all – your energy bills are much higher than they need to be.
Home insulation works to keep cold air or hot air inside of your home and helps block the outdoor climate from creeping into your home. Without it, your system has to work too hard. Here are some quick facts about attic insulation:
- In the summer, the attic temperature can reach up to 125-130 degrees (!) with most of that heat absorbed from outside.
- The heated air is trapped in the attic space and slowly permeates your entire home.
- Expertly installed insulation can block 97% of outdoor heat that otherwise would infiltrate your home.
BLOWN IN INSULATION
Attic insulation targets the area in your home most vulnerable to absorbing and allowing the outdoor temperature to seep in.
One type of attic insulation is blown-in insulation.
- Also known as spray insulation.
- Blankets the attic floor with 6 – 12 inches of fiberglass insulation.
- Heat absorbed from attic cracks are trapped in the fiberglass, preventing the heat from transferring into the home.
How To Find The Best Company To Insulate Your Attic?
If you don’t ask the right questions - you probably won’t ever find out the things you wish you knew before you hired an HVAC company to work on your home. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the five most important questions you should be asking your HVAC company.
We are very picky about who we hire. All our technicians are thoroughly vetted and back-ground checked – and we still won’t hire someone unless they have the friendly personality we are looking for.
Aside from the initial training – which is an intense 8-10 hour training course, we require all our technicians to train for 150 hours PER YEAR with a master technician.
There’s an easy way to do that, just look up our Google Reviews – there are thousands of them!
That’s actually something we are very careful about because we know how frustrating it is to be fooled by a company that promised you a great price. When we quote you a price, that’s what you pay – no ifs ands or buts.
Another type of attic insulation is radiant insulation.
- Radiant insulation works by preventing heat from entering the attic altogether
- The radiant-barrier insulation staples several metal sheets onto the under deck of the roof
- The roof is completely covered with metal sheets so that heat doesn’t enter the attic.
BENEFITS OF ATTIC INSULATION
Attic insulation has many unbeatable benefits:
- Prevents up to 97 percent of outdoor temperature from seeping into the home from the attic
- Lowers energy costs
- Allows better, more efficient air conditioning in summer and heating in winter